Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pumpkin Carving Ideas

I've come across some fun pumpkin ideas lately and wanted to share.

Love the idea of taking a drill to a pumpkin and making a nice, easy job of it. MY kind of carving, let me tell you!

Holiday Road / Great idea! (use a drill to make a polka dotted carved pumpkin)
Here's another holey one. Simple, simple, done!


A little creepy, but I like it....I'm a nursing student these days so it's OK, right?


Because I like the googlie eyes and I remember what it's like to do pumpkins with little ones. How cool and simple is this?

monogram pumpkins
Momogram pumpkins via Martha Stewart, because someday I want to grow up and be stylish. Check here to see how they're done


Another Martha. I love the face that shows up on the wall behind the pumpkin. Instructions here.

Pinned Image
Confession...this is a little more my speed for monograms at this point in my life. Time is limited, you know? Looks like you'd need a fairly smooth pumpkin to make it work and maybe use fabric or scrapbooking paper for the design?  Chased down the instructions here at Brown Paper Packages!

Adorable Personalized Pumpkins- Spider Web
Last but not least, because I think it's a cutie and it combines fun with simplicity...The lady who made this sells them at her etsy shop. Clicky here.

These last two would be nice to do on fake pumpkins. I bought a couple of them three years ago and I love them. They're colorful, look real, and best of all, they don't melt into a puddle when I forget to throw them out soon enough!

Happy Halloween!

One Crazy Lady

18 comments:

  1. Lovely designs and sooo cute! I'd love to try some of the elaborate ones but I think my skills are not that up to standard so I am looking for simple and easy pumpkin carving ideas that I can try. I think I'll start with those simple shape holes :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn,
      I think my favorites were the drilled holes and the googly eyes. Fast and easy...lol. I'm all for simple.

      Delete
  2. Awesome collection of pumpkin carving ideas, i especially love the skull carving. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. It's always fun to find new ideas. I'm a nursing student, so the skull made me smile. =]

      Delete
  3. Hahaha I enjoyed browsing for these awesome Pumpkin Carving Ideas. I hope it’s fine with you that I could pin them on my Pinterest board. I’m so sure my followers would be happy to see these interesting photos. Keep sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, so glad you liked them. Original links are next to the pictures, so people should be able to find instructions. Thanks, and pin away! =]

    (I LOOOOVE PINTEREST)

    ReplyDelete